So, you’ve finally decided to move into a new place to start your life as a student. You probably already set your mind to different expectations regarding your new home. But, have you ever wondered if you can survive on your own once you move to student apartments for rent? It’s going to take a lot of mental and emotional preparation. If you want to know more about moving into student accommodation, this article can help you.
Keep in mind that you will be living with different people. You will need to share the kitchen, laundry area, and communal facilities. If you want to survive in student accommodation in Australia properties, here are a few tips to help you:
- Make sure to choose the right accommodation — There are a lot of accommodation types that you can choose from. If you are not comfortable sharing a place with more than two people, you can choose a more private room. You can do a research about the different room types offered in your chosen rental property. This way, you will have an idea which room is best for you.
- Make yourself comfortable — You will be staying in accommodation for studentsfor a long time. So, you need to make some arrangements for your place to feel homier. If the property owner allows you to change anything, don’t hesitate to customize your room. You can change your sheets or add plants and other decorations.
- Mind your belongings — Always make sure that your stuff remains safe. Shared accommodations are susceptible to damage or lost valuables. So, store valuables in a safe place. Lock your doors every time you leave your room. If you can, always bring valuables with you. Aside from these, avoid allowing strangers inside your apartment. If you have a roommate, make sure that you set some house rules, especially when it comes to safety and security.
- Communicate with other students — Student apartments offer an opportunity for people to become more sociable. You don’t have to befriend everyone, but you need to at least get along with other occupants. Building a good relationship with other rentees can help you feel more comfortable. It also helps you feel more at home even if you’re far from your family.
- Keep track of your bills — Always be mindful on the due date of your student accomodation rentalspayment. This includes rental fee, the electric bill, water bill, and other things you need to pay. You can ask for an estimate for all the monthly dues, so you can also prepare for the right amount when it’s time to make a payment.
If you want a safe, homey and comfortablestudent accomodation rentals,you can check out StudentOne. They offer flexible room options, free Wifi and cool facilities such as pool, cinema, gym and more. They also have multilingual staff who offer 24/7 support for students. You can contact them at 61-7-3085-3050, or you can email them by filling up their contact form on their website today.